Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Are You Still Singing??

Psalm 33:21 "Our heart shall rejoice in HIM"

We have a program on our computer, the PC Study Bible, with lots of great features. One of those features is a daily devotion. When you pull it up it automatically gives you a devotion for that day. So, I was looking at it this morning and read the one for today's date... it was pretty good. But, for some reason, I continued to read... it was tomorrow's devotion. But, I guess that one was meant for me today!! It made me ask myself.... "Am I still singing??"

"Blessed is the fact that Christians can rejoice even in the deepest distress; although trouble may surround them, they still sing; and, like many birds, they sing best in their cages." This is just an excerpt from today's PC Study Bible devotion.

Trouble surrounds us ALL!!!! We are not exempt from the testing and trials of life. Whether it be a HUGE, HOT, FIREY trial or just a tiny, itey-bitey, warm trial.... we all walk through it!! There are trials that range anywhere from: financial stress, depression, family issues, marital issues, stress at work, rebellious children.... etc, etc, etc!!! The list goes on and on and is not the same for every person!! We each walk through them individually, as a married couple and as a family. But The Word says in Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not; I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my Righteous hand" WHOA!!!!!! GOD, himself, will uphold ME with HIS RIGHTEOUS HAND!! What????? Can you imagine, the God of the universe willing to do that for YOU when you are feeling down??!! HE will pick you up and carry you through!! Therefore, as Christians.... we have NO reason NOT to sing!!! Just think of the testimony you will have when you come through this!! WOW!!! What an amazing word from God Almighty!!!

As I was pondering the thought "Am I still singing??" He brought to my mind the ever-popular song by Simon and Garfunkel (what?? God listens to Simon and Garfunkel?? Yes, apparently he does....) "Bridge Over Troubled Water"...

When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all
I'm on your side when times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you
I'll take your part
When darkness comes
And pain is all around
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down

That's exactly what HE did for us!! Like a bridge over troubled water.... HE laid down HIS life!! HE died... so we can keep singing!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment