Thursday, July 9, 2009

Seek His Face ALWAYS!!

Psalm 105:1-5 "Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. 2) Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. 3) Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. 4) Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. 5) Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced."

I get so caught up in day to day living that sometimes I forget to "seek his face...". I go about my day trying to accomplish all that is set before me, without taking the time to see what HE has set before me!! When I stop to listen to His voice, when I stop to seek His face, when I stop - for even just a moment - to say "Good Morning, Lord" it is then that my day seems to run a little smoother. My children seem to obey a little better, my mind seems a little clearer, my heart isn't burdended down with "what if this doesn't get done" or "what if I don't get this accomplished today".... I can move about my day with a little less stress!! Of course, Satan is always there in the background just waiting to attack, but when I seek HIS face, I have the power, not to mention the strength, to fight him off!!
I got an email this morning, actually, I saw it there yesterday, but didn't take the time to open it and read it until this morning. It had this verse from Psalm 105:4... when I read it, I wept!! "Lord, I want to seek your face. Lord, I want to know you more and more. Lord, I pray that I ALWAYS feel your presence inside of me and that others will witness it also!!" God is soooo good to me!! He has blessed me beyond measure and I don't even take the time to thank Him properly!! I want to be more disciplined in doing that... I pray every morning - for my husband, for my children, for my family and friends.... but I don't always just take the time to LISTEN... just to SEEK HIS FACE and find out what He wants to say to me.... I'm usually too busy doing the talking!!
I'm very excited about the Women's Campmeeting this weekend. I look forward to it every year!! It is just a spiritually refreshing time! A time of fun and fellowship with other GODLY women! I feel so blessed to be a part of this each year. I pray that this will be a weekend that I will learn, a little better, to listen to what God has for me!! I know that He has called me to be a witness for HIM (as He has all of you), but I want to seek deeper.... I want that deep, intimate relationship that He wants from me. I thank God every day for saving my soul!! For dying on the cross that I might be free.... GOD IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
I'll leave you with one final scripture..... Psalm 106:1 "Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
Today, I challenge you, pray for your needs.... give thanks to the Lord.... but, in all that, don't forget to SEEK HIS FACE ALWAYS!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just got a moment to sit and read this blog. My how this goes right along with the campmeeting messages. This is just further comfirmation of what God is doing in our lives. He has definitely given you this word. Thank you for obeying God and sharing this with us! Love ya! Vanessa

    ReplyDelete