Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fan the Fire

I am new to the world of blogging.... wow!! I am soooo excited to be able to write my thoughts and express myself in the best way I know how... through my writing!! I am not really a "story teller" or much of one who writes in any form other than poetry!! I love to write poetry though!! Therefore, I find it only fitting that I begin my blogger's journey with a poem that I wrote not too very long ago and it describes the feelings I was experiencing at the time. The title and jest of the poem came from a sermon my pastor delievered one Sunday morning and I actually began writing this during the alter call... shhhhhhh.... don't tell him!!!!!

FAN THE FIRE

Walking in darkness is where I have been
Can't see what's in front of me because of my sin
Wandering around with no direction
Don't like what I see when I look at my reflection
Where do I go now? What do I do?
The only thing left is to turn to You

Lord, fan the fire that's burning in my soul
Lord, fan the fire and make me whole
Lord, fan the fire so the world might see
Your Holy Spirit at work inside of me

Where there was darkness the light has crept in
It shines through the world from my soul within
Lord, You have shown me the way to go
I'm not lost anymore, this I know
You fanned the fire in my heart today
Now with you I will walk, forever I'll stay

Lord, keep fanning the fire that's burning in my soul
Lord, keep fanning the fire and make me whole
Lord, keep fanning thet fire so the world might see
Your Holy Spirit at work inside of me

I pray that the Lord will fan the fire in each of your hearts today!!

5 comments:

  1. Proud of you! Walking with God is a marathon not a sprint. Pace yourself and keep your eyes on the goal.

    Much love!

    PS....copyright that poem...so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful...!!!!!! Keep up the writing. Love you, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to start your blog. I love the poem! Welcome to blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! You are so talented. Can't wait for hte next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is indeed a great poem and heart prompted words--for all of us!

    Yes, copyright your blog. Holler at me if you need any help. YOU are doing GREAT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete