Friday, April 20, 2012

God With Skin On

I don’t ever remember God physically giving me a hug.  I mean, a real – live – tangible hug that you can actually FEEL.  If He ever did, I didn’t realize it was HIM.  But, the other night, HE did  just that & I KNEW it was Him!!  Her name is Regina, she is a cashier at Wal-Mart.  I only had about 3 or 4 items to purchase.  Typically I would go through the self check-out lane – I usually do.  This night, I wanted a candy bar, a particular kind, I went to a couple of the registers up front looking for it.  I couldn’t find it, but I happened to be right there at Regina’s register, so I just put my items on the belt.  She said “Hello, how are you?”  I responded with my typical answer, to stranger & acquaintance alike, “Fine, thanks”.  She looked at me in the face, I was getting a pack of gum, she said “are you ok?”  “Yes ma’am, thank you”, I replied.   She said “God bless you”, “thank you & God bless you as well.”  By this time she had finished ringing up my items, I was paying with my card & when I turned around, there she was, on my side of the counter.  She handed my bags to me & said “You don’t know me, but my name is Regina”  she held out her arms & gave me a tight hug – I hugged back & began to cry.  “Thank you”, I said through my tears.  She said “it’s all going to be ok.  I could just sense that you needed a hug today.”  Again, I thanked her & she blessed me in the name of the Lord once again.  I blessed her in return & walked out of the store.  Now, if that wasn’t God Himself wrapping HIS arms around me through this precious, obedient soul then I don’t know what it was!  HE wanted to let me know that HE hasn’t forgotten me.  HE knows right where I am & HE LOVES ME!!!  I grow so weary on this journey.  I am exhausted, I am sad, I question things – GOD.  I really just want to curl up somewhere & hide most of the time – God knows all of this.  He hasn’t gone anywhere.  His Word tells me in Deuteronomy 31:6 “… I will never leave you nor forsake you.” He is still right there, watching out for me & that night He even physically hugged me!  All I know to say is THANK YOU JESUS!!  Thank you for hugging me – I needed it!!!

Have you ever experience God with skin on??  Tell me about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment